1. Apply using the online application below or click here to download a printer-friendly MESLS application form (.pdf)
  2. Pay the $100 application fee
  3. Send copies of your passport and a financial guarantee (proof that you have enough money to live and study in the United States) * Note, if someone will be financially supporting you, that person must write you a letter of sponsorship.
  4. When you are accepted, we will issue your I-20. (There is a $70 Express Mail fee if you need the I-20 mailed to your location. Otherwise, a friend or family member can pick up the I-20 from MESLS and mail it to you.)
  5. You must go to the US Embassies or Consulates in your country with the following documents to apply for F-1 Visa:
    1. Passport (should be valid for at least six months beyond the visa application date.)
    2. Photograph (Photographs should be no more than six months old.) Please check the size with the U.S. Embassies and Consulates in your country.
    3. MESLS’ I-20 form
    4. Financial guarantee (Proof that you have enough money to live and study in the United States). Fixed deposit accounts, current accounts, and/or savings accounts may be presented.
    5. Proof that you plan to return to your country after you study in the US. This can be evidence that you have a job, or that you will go to school in your country, or that you have family (a husband or wife or children) in your country, or that you own property or a business in your country.
    6. Proof that you are a serious student. If possible, bring original high school or university transcripts or present evidence of your recent employment.
    7. A study plan. You should write a letter that describes your plan for study in the US. Explain why you want to learn English, and what you plan to do after you learn English.

For more information about U.S. Embassies and Consulates around the world: Click here


  • Please complete the following application, being as accurate as possible. Please type all text in English. If you do not type in English, the form will not work.
  • Please indicate your present knowledge of English.
  • If you have taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP), indicate your score:
  • If you require an I-20 form for a non-immigrant student visa, please provide the following information. Note: YOUR I-20 FORM CANNOT BE ISSUED UNTIL WE RECEIVE FINANCIAL DOCUMENTATION AND A $100 ONE-TIME APPLICATION FEE.
  • Dependent spouse and children of the student who are seeking entry to the U.S.
  • Next 1 / 2


  • 2 / 2